Saturday 15 April 2017

Tips for Masking Images Stamped Onto Cards


I've just done another video and I'm feeling a little better about it. This time the topic is Masking Tips to use when you want to place one image in front of another without creating a mess!

Here is the finished card.




These chics are so cute and although this is a Sale-A-Bration set and no longer available to purchase, you can use the theory behind the masking on all types of images.
I made a mask for the chic in the centre - 1. because that is the easiest of the 3 shapes to cut out and 
2. because I pre-determined which way I wanted the chooks to be facing. 

I have a video of the method I used in the masking: take a look to see my hints on how to achieve perfect masking.


but I also wanted to show you some more of the painting and the finished card.


Adding a bit of colour makes a big difference to the effect, and for this chook I've used an Aqua Painter and blended Crushed Curry with Pumpkin Pie to create the shadows. 


Lots of lovely colours to brighten up the look of the chickens, and using the darker colours on the two outside birds makes the centre one really stand out. You can see some of the hand drawn details at the bottom of this photo - I used a Black Stampin' Write Marker to sketch these in.


Do you like what you see and think you'd like to earn some extra income from stamping?  

If you are looking for a hobby, a part or full time job, working from home and at your own pace, AND you love craft, then you should consider doing what I do. It is fun and rewarding.

  See more information on my website or contact me with questions you may have. 


 Until next time

Happy Stamping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.