Tuesday 10 October 2017

Beautiful Bouquet & Detailed Gate Thinlit On Glossy Card.

The Detailed Gate Thinlit was the original inspiration for this card, and then I decided I wanted to place it in front of a beautiful dusk sky. The best way I know to do that is to brayer the sky so I looked out my sponge brayers and some of our returned Glossy White card stock and took it from there.

I don't know about you, but I love to let cards evolve as I'm working on them. I have a picture in my mind, then search my vast collection of Stampin' Up! products to find what will help me achieve the result I'm looking for.

This card is for a wedding - but that is purely because of the greeting. It would work equally well for a friend, sympathy or birthday.

I have to admit that I didn't like the sponge brayer at first, however with the re-introduction of Glossy White to the Stampin' Up! card stock range, this little piece of equipment is coming back in to favour! 
I've used Soft Sky, Mariner Mist and Sweet Sugarplum for the background.

And those gates! I'm in love.
They can be a little tricky to cut out so before class I experimented a few ways and the best I could do is:
Use the new Sizzix Platform - the one with the ridge down the centre, add a card stock shim under the bottom plate, place the thinlit sideways and roll through SLOWLY twice. Then change the orientation of the thinlit to portrait view and roll through slowly again, another 2 times. This will give you fabulous definition and easy to remove bits. 

The garden of flowers behind the gates is created with one stamp from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set by Stampin' Up! It has just been stamped in all the colours of the background plus Pear Pizzazz and a little black.


I fussy cut this and adhered it to the glossy white, than added the gate Thinlit. An easy way to adhere the thinlit is to squeeze a little Multipurpose glue onto a paper plate, take a slightly damp sponge and pat the glue onto the back of the cut out. It's probably a good idea to do this on a Silicone Mat so that it doesn't stick to the grid paper .

The greeting is from the Beautiful Bouquet set and you will find it has a lovely array of greetings. I love the font in this set - it is a such a nice mixture of styles.  I used the new Everyday Label punch on the greeting and coordinated that with one of the Lots of Labels Framelits - not a perfect match but this combination still creates a nice little shape.

To complete the card choose any ribbon that matches your colours or use the lock and key Thinlits to make embellishments.
Do you like what you see and think you'd like to earn some extra income from stamping?  
If you are looking for a hobby, a part or full time job, working from home and at your own pace, AND you love craft, then you should consider doing what I do. It is fun and rewarding.
  See more information on my website or contact me with questions you may have. 
Until next time
Happy Crafting
Product List

2 comments:

  1. I know your going to think I'm crazy! Could you do a video on, how you die cut your gate? I love this bundle, like you, but would LOVE to use it more! I know we're NOT suppose to continue with retired bundles, BUT, I reallky LOVE this gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank YOU so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. florisis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.